Natural alternatives to popular baby products include cloth diapers and wipes, natural fibers for clothing, homemade baby food, use of essential oils, and homeopathic remedies.
Are you a parent or caregiver looking for natural alternatives to popular baby products? If so, we are here to help. Here are five natural replacements that you can use as safer and more sustainable options for your baby’s needs.
1. Bamboo Disposable Diapers: Disposable diapers still have their place in modern parenting, but if you are looking for an eco-friendly alternative, try bamboo disposable diapers. They are made from natural biodegradable fibers, which hold in wetness better than traditional diapers. Plus, they require less energy when manufacturing, which makes them much more sustainable.
2. Reusable Wipes: Forget about buying disposable wipes for your baby’s clean-up needs. Instead, opt for reusable wipes. They are much gentler on your baby’s skin and last longer, saving you money down the line. Simply soak them in warm soapy water and store them in a damp cloth bag in between uses.
3. Organic Baby Lotion: We all want what is best for our babes, and that includes switching to organic baby lotion. Not only is it free of harmful chemicals, but it is very gentle on delicate skin. Look for organic lotions with simple ingredients like shea butter or coconut oil to keep your little one moisturized without sacrificing safety.
4. Wood Teethers: Plastic teethers have been a staple for generations, but if you can get away from them in favor of wood. Wooden teething rings are all natural and free of toxins, plus they are much easier on sore gums than plastic counterparts.
5. Natural Sunscreen: With summer just around the corner, it is important to protect your baby’s skin with a natural sunscreen. Look for sunscreens that are free of toxic chemicals like oxybenzone and octinoxate. Non-nano zinc oxide is a great option because it is safe to use and blocks out UVA and UVB rays.
At the end of the day, finding alternatives to popular baby products is about making sure you provide your baby with the safest, most natural options available. That’s why more and more parents are turning to these five natural alternatives to make sure their babies are taken care of.